查看所有学校的开始和结束时间. All schools have a 75-minute early release on Wednesdays, except the first day of school.
9月6日 一至十二年级学生开学第一天. Sept. 6日并没有提前释放. Early release will occur every Wednesday except for the first week of school.
9月11日 First day of school for preschool and kindergarten students
11月- 小学 conference days (no school for elementary and K-8 schools; varies by school)
11月23 - 24日 Thanksgiving and Native American Heritage 日(不上学)
1月15日 马丁·路德·金. 日(不上学)
2月19号 Mid-winter break, including Presidents 日(不上学)
4月8 - 12 春假(不上课)
May 27 阵亡将士纪念日(不上学)
June 19 六月六日(不上学)
June 21 最后一天上课(提前1小时下课).
- Potential emergency closure makeup days are June 24-26.
- 学期1 9月6日- 1月31日
- 学期2 2月1日- 6月21日
- 季度1 9月6日- 11月8日
- 季2 11月9日至1月31日
- Quarter 3 2月1日- 4月17日
- 季4 4月18日- 6月21日
三学期制: 小学 and K-8 Schools (students in kindergarten – grade 5)
- 三个月1 9月6日- 12月4日
- 三个月2 12月5日- 3月20日
- 三个月3 3月21日- 6月21日
The 2023-24学年日历 has been approved by SPS and SEA. The Seattle School Board approved the 2023-24 SPS Calendar 2023年1月18日.
In January 2023, families and community provided feedback on SPS school year dates. 感谢那些分享想法的人! Read more about the community feedback for the school year calendar.
The school calendar is developed collaboratively with SEA and the dates are agreed upon in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The formula to schedule key dates in the CBA states that the first day of school will be the first Wednesday of September.
The key dates formula was originally bargained in the 2015-18 CBA as a tool for staff and families so there would be consistency around calendars and dates weren’t arbitrarily set.
在2019年的谈判期间, multiple joint workgroups between SPS and SEA were established, with one specifically organized to address inclusive considerations related to religious and cultural observations and practices. This workgroup developed supplemental materials and guidance to go along with the traditional school year calendar.
While not all religious/cultural events can be accommodated for, this guidance was created to serve as a reference for schools, families, and communities to be aware of potential schedule conflicts and excused absences and/or to make appropriate accommodations and supports for students and families on days of religious/cultural observances.
The religious and cultural observances identified in both the 2021-22 and 2022-23 Religion and Religious Accommodations documents, also highlights observances and traditions which involve fasting, which may have an impact on students’ abilities to perform at their highest level or be a reason for an absence from class.
The below dates were negotiated as a part of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- First day of school: The first Wednesday in September.
- State In-service Day: As recognized by the state and typically the second Friday in October.
- Winter break: At least 10 weekdays, ending after New Year’s Day. 如果元旦是星期一，或者是星期一, students will return to school on the next day (Tuesday).
- Mid-winter break: Presidents’ Day and the following four workdays.
- Spring break: Five days starting the second Monday in April.
- Snow make-up days: At least three snow days shall be scheduled and additional snow make-up days may be added if necessary
- Labor Day (when school begins before this day in September)
- Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving (November)
- 马丁·路德·金. 天(1月)
- Contractual Days: The four days immediately preceding the start of school, 除了劳动节前的星期五
- Conferences: Three consecutive days for conferences immediately preceding Thanksgiving Day
- 协作和专业学习时间. The district will schedule one seventy-five (75) minute early release every Wednesday except for the first week of school or if the last day of school is a Wednesday
Read the Collective Bargaining Agreement between SPS and Seattle Education Association (SEA)员工2022-25